Our Whole Star Anise adds visual interest and the strong, sweet, licorice-like flavor of anise to recipes, and can also be used as a garnish.
- Herbaceous licorice flavor
- Star-shaped pods
- Red to brown color
- Approximately 3/4 to 1-1/2 inches wide
- Grind and use in marinades or rub into the skin of fatty meat such as duck or pork before roasting
- Infuse into rich winter soups, such as pumpkin soup or beef stew
- Grind and add to spice cakes
- Infuse into teas and liqueurs
- Use as garnish for baked goods
Dried Star Anise.