From the famous Italian design house of Alessi, these two little characters have magnets on their feet and attach to the central pole. Designed by Stephano Giovannoni in 1993.
Founded in 1921 as a “Workshop for the processing of brass and nickel silver sheet metal, with foundry,” Alessi has always stood out for the high quality of its products. In almost a century of history, the company has gradually evolved to become one of the leading “Factories of Italian design,” capable of applying its expertise and excellence in design management to many different product types. Open to change and international development, Alessi at the same time has a strong bond with the traditions and cultural background of its area and continues to be synonymous with handcrafted objects produced with the help of machines.
Alessi’s mission is now one of translating its quest for the most advanced cultural, aesthetic, design and functional quality into mass production. Designer products are the result of the constant reconciliation of art and industry, of the “Immensity of Creative Potential” and the needs of the market. The company is committed to a design approach in which the most advanced expression of international creativity is always balanced against the desires of the general public. Alessi has been described as a “Dream Factory,” which uses its products to make people’s dreams come true, providing them with the Art and Poetry that they seek.
Since the company’s foundation in 1921, the majority of Alessi products have been manufactured through the cold working of metals, a tradition that is kept alive today by the skilled workers at the Crusinallo plant in Omegna.