We source these Super Blue Lavender Flowers from France where they grow both wild and cultivated in the rocky soil of the mountainous Provence region. The petite, blue to violet-colored flowers, which have a sweet, herbaceous scent, have numerous sweet and savory culinary applications.
- Lavender’s scent is said to have a calming effect
- Infuse into sugar, cream or simple syrup to add lavender flavor to pastries
- Lavender is a key ingredient in the French seasoning Herbes de Provence
- Delicious combined with savory, fennel, basil and thyme (Herbes de Provence) as a seasoning for poultry or fish
- Adds a delicate floral flavor to vinaigrettes and marinades
- Infuse into sugar, cream or simple syrup to add lavender flavor to sweet creations such as custards, cookies, cakes and frostings
- Sprinkle candied lavender flowers over frosted cakes for a sophisticated touch